Novact, together with the Criminologists School of Catalonia, will organize free online sessions on radicalization processes and rights vulnerability in the penitentiary area during October
The penitentiary areas’ violent extremism prevention seminar will take place via Zoom on October 13, 15, 20, 22, 26 and 29 from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
A series of formations intended to deepen into the circumstances and conditions which accelerate radicalization processes.
Sessions will be the following:
- October 13, NOVACT – Introduction to violent extremisms and causes.
- October 15, Miquel Ramos, journalist – Violent groups and extreme right.
- October 20, Moussa Bourekba, CIDOB – Jihadist Salafism
- October 22, Confirmation pending – Extremism prevention mechanisms in the penitentiary area.
- October 26. Andrés Garcia Berrio, IRIDIA – Human rights violations.
- October 29. Consorci de Benestar del Ripollès, NOVACT Tunis – Local and international level intervention.
Free registration (for professionals and beginners) in the link until October 7. Attendance of registered people is compulsory as seats are limited.
The course’s objective is to emphasize in the violent extremism prevention. Concretely, in the penitentiary centers as vulnerable places for determined social groups, where conditions to accelerate radicalization are more often to be found (for instance social isolation or personal crisis)
Finally, the sessions will include a practical component, centred in radicalization prevention. In this sense, not only mechanisms for intervening radicalization will be explained, but also tools and good practices to address the issue from other perspectives.